Language

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Weekly Inspiration

Finding Your Calling - Part 2


Last week in part 1 (Click Here to read) I gave a list of things to look for that would help with letting you know if you’re following your calling.  This week I have a list of questions you can ask yourself.  By answering the following questions, you can figure out what is most important to you and what actually excites you.    By doing so, you can figure out which direction you should be going in.
The questions are as follows:
1. What gets me excited and makes me want to get up early in the morning?
2. What comes easily for me to do?
3. What type of shows keep me glued to the television?
4. What do I get lost in thought thinking about?
5. If I had three wishes to change the world, what would they be?
6. What can’t I seem to get enough of?
7. What have I fallen in love with at first sight?
8. What am I better at than anyone else I know?
9. What story setting (from books, movies, etc.) interests me the most?
 Answering these questions has helped me immensely.  There are a lot of things I enjoy and I am talented in most of those things.  Therefore, it was very hard for me to determine what excited me the most and which one (or two) of those things I should actually be focusing on.  I would get so frustrated because I would constantly try to choose between 4 or 5 different things and never knew where to begin.   Also, certain things I thought I should be doing would never bring me any joy or keep my interest once I did do them and I never understood why.  It wasn’t until I asked myself these questions that I was really able to focus.  I figured out exactly what I should be doing and there has been no looking back! 
I hope the information in this post (along with the information in part 1) will help you as much as it helped me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. I would love to hear from you!