Language

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Metallic Silver Fingernails




Sometimes achieving a shiny, bright, metallic silver look on the fingernails is almost impossible. There are many silver nail polishes out there that claim to be metallic, but whenever I applied them, they either looked dull, or they were shiny but still did not look metallic at all. There was nothing metallic about them. So one day, I got an idea to apply more than one color to achieve the look. I had a hair/fashion show to go to and was wearing a metallic silver dress, with matching metallic shoes and a matching metallic purse. Therefore, I had to make the nails match as well. A dull silver was not going do do!

To achieve this look, I use 4 different polishes.


I use L.A. Girl Calcium Nail Builder for the base coat, L.A. Colors silver nail lacquer, Kleancolor silver glitter nail lacquer and Sally Hansen Diamond Shine for the top coat.

First, I start with the L.A. Girl Calcium Nail Builder.


I apply one coat, then I let it completely dry.


Next, I apply a coat of the L.A. Colors Nail Lacquer.


Once the first coat is completely dry, I apply a second coat.


Next I apply 2 coats of the KleanColor Nail Lacquer, making sure to let the first coat completely dry before applying the next.


Lastly, I apply the Sally Hansen Diamond Shine top coat.


I let that fully dry, then apply another coat. This Diamond Shine makes the already shiny nails even more shiny, and will make any color pop!


By the time I'm done, I have a total of 6 coats of polish on my nails altogether. I know you're probably wondering, "Isn't that too many coats of polish?", but the answer is no. The key is to make sure each coat is dry before applying the next. When I use these products together, not only does it give the best looking metallic shine ever, but it last for a very long time. I constantly have my hands in water because I wash my hands many times a day. Therefore, what I do is apply a coat of the Sally Hansen Diamond Shine every other day or so. I always remove any polish I have on after 1 week. So after the initial 6 coats, then about 3 or 4 more coats added throughout the week...my nails are like steel! There is no peeling and not one single chip of polish.


I know you're probably thinking these are a lot of steps, but for me, it's worth the extra steps since I get great looking metallic nails that won't budge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. I would love to hear from you!