Language

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Is What You're Eating Helping Or Hurting You? Part 1


I'm sure many of you have heard the phrase "You are what you eat", and that is one of the most true statements that I have heard! I have always had acne prone skin which started in my teens. However, it was only very light acne in my teens and was not such a big deal to me at that time. It became a VERY big deal when I became about 25 years old. I started breaking out very badly and rapidly, and the worse part was...each year it got worse and worse! By the time 2 and a half years had passed, the scarring was becoming horrible and although I am a very confident woman, I must admit that it affected my confidence quite a bit! In addition to my face having a lot of acne and scars, my skin also looked very dull and had no "life" to it. No matter what topical products I used, it would not improve. I was not aware at the time that the damage was coming from within and nothing topical was going to help.

In the midst of the acne, I also noticed I was feeling very ill most of the time, and I couldn't quite figure out why. When I went to my Dr. there was never any problem that could be found, but I would still feel horrible! My Dr. would often ask me do I eat enough fruits and vegetables. My answer would always be no, however, once I would leave the doctor's office I would always completely forget about it.

Well, one day after breaking out really badly and feeling horrible health wise, I decided to take control of my life and my health! I knew that I was very young and if I was already feeling ill and having horrible looking skin...that things were only going to get worse if I didn't start doing something about it, so that's exactly what I did!

I did similar to a detox program, however, I did not do any weird supplements or drink all liquids. I drank water, and ate plain, fruits and vegetables for 2 weeks straight. I did not have any junk food whatsoever. In the following weeks I added grains, tea, poultry and fish for another 2 weeks...still no junk food. By the end of those 4 weeks, I felt better than I had ever felt as an adult. I literally felt as good and had as much energy as I did as a teenager! Not to mention that my skin looked great! My face had a nice glow, the acne was clearing up, and even people around me were asking me what I was doing!

Later on, I started adding very small amounts of "junk food" in moderation because there was no way I could give them up completely. However, since I kept it in moderation and continued to eat the "good" foods, my skin and health still was wonderful. I still follow this system today and I can't tell you how wonderful I feel, and how great my skin looks. It is improving more and more each day. I would've never thought that my skin would look better, the OLDER I got. That is incredible to me.  After reading this, I hope you are convienced that eating well is essential to one's health and well being. I also hope that you want to know more. In part 2, I will lay out for you exactly what I did during that detox period, and how I eat now on an everyday basis. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. I would love to hear from you!