Language

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Many Benefits of Honey




Honey has been nature's cure for many things since the beginning of time. Over the last year or so, I have been using honey for many different things and have had great results. I will share those things with you in this post.




Using Honey for Cuts


I was washing dishes a few months ago and accidentally cut my finger with one of the knives "lurking" in the water (yikes!). It wasn't very serious but was still cut pretty badly. I remembered coming across an article a while back mentioning how using honey on a cut would work wonders, therefore, I decided to give it a try.




I couldn't believe how quickly and wonderfully it worked! I saw the skin around the cut start to close up almost instantly right before my eyes, after only applying the honey one time. I applied it a couple more times that day and by the next day, the cut was completely closed.




Although it was closed, it still wasn't completely healed yet, therefore, I continued applying it the next day as well. By the 3rd day the cut was completely healed and a few days later the mark had completely faded away. There was absolutely no scar left behind! I have been raving about honey for cuts ever since... Neosporin has nothing on honey!




Using Honey For Hair


Honey works as a natural humectant, therefore, adding a tablespoon or so of honey to your conditioner will help with dry hair. Just squeeze some conditioner (enough to cover all of your hair) into a cup or container, then stir in the honey. Leave it in your hair for the recommended time on the conditioner bottle, then rinse out. It should come out of your hair relatively easily. Honey amazingly loses it's stickiness once it's immersed in water.






Using Honey For Skin


This is one I have probably used the most. My face always has a very healthy glow after applying honey to it. Honey can be applied immediately after washing your face or you can use it in place of cleansers. Just wet your face, massage it with water, blot dry then apply the honey all over. After applying the honey to your face, leave on for 30 minutes to an hour, then rinse it off. Whatever moisturizer you use afterwards will work even better if you use honey first. Since honey is a natural humectant (as mentioned earlier) it will lock in moisture.




Using Honey For Acne


I have suffered from acne for many years and using honey has been one of the things that has aided in FINALLY getting it under control. To use honey for acne, you should follow the same steps listed above under "Using Honey For Skin". The only difference is, you may want to also take honey internally as well. You can just take a tablespoon a day alone, or stir it into a cup of warm water (or tea) and take it that way. The liquid being warm will help the honey work better through your body's system.




Taking Honey For Constipation


This is one my mother taught me a very long time ago while I was still very young. It's very simple...take 2 tablespoons of honey alone everyday until the "problem" is solved. You should see results in 2 or 3 days (sometimes the same day). It's important to start taking the honey as soon as you notice the problem. Also, drinking lots of water and eating fruits and vegetables will speed up the process.




I'm still on a search for more honey benefits. If you know of any others, please share.

1 comment:

  1. I find your ideas fun. Yes girls shoudl be girs. Your article about honey was good. I think you would enjoy my blog as I ahve recopes, girly thigns and more on it. Love to hacve you as a follwer. I too will do a give away when I reach a number of followers - 100!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments. I would love to hear from you!