Language

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Homemade Valentine's Day Centerpiece


Being a girly girl, I always find a reason to make arts and crafts. If it's girly...that's even better! So crafting for Valentine's Day was the perfect opportunity. There are so many things that can be done and the holiday is perfect for us girly girls.

What I have done is make a centerpiece by using ribbons, metallic tissue paper, rose petals and a battery opperated, flameless candle.

First I took a solid, red ribbon and wrapped it all the way around the candle.


I continued until the candle was fully covered. You can use the ribbon width of your choice. I used a very thin ribbon because it was what I had on hand. But using a wider ribbon will make the process go more quickly.

Once the candle was completely covered, I added a decorative ribbon on top.

Once I finished with the ribbons, I added a some Valentine's garland around the top rim of the candle.

The garland has little hearts hanging from it.

Next, I took the tissue paper and folded it to make a smaller square. You can manipulate it the way you want since it comes in a very large rectangle. You can even cut it if you like. I chose to fold it instead since the edges looked a little neater that way.

Once I folded it the way I wanted, I just taped the ends to keep them down.


Next, I placed the candle on a clear candle holder and placed them both on top of the metallic tissue paper.

After that, I just added some synthetic, pink and red rose petals around it.


In the evening, I turned on the flame (battery operated) to create a nice ambiance. Below I have a 30 second or so video showing you the different angles so that you can see it a little better.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. I would love to hear from you!