Language

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Book of Prayers and Goals


For as long as I can remember, I have always written down all of my goals and aspirations. I eventually began using a designated book just for my plans and goals. I have found that writing down desires is a great way for bringing them into existence.

A few years ago, in addition to writing down goals and plans, I started writing down my prayers as well. It just made since to start writing down my prayers since I've always prayed for any goal I've had anyway. In addition to writing my prayers, I also continue to pray aloud.

For me, writing out my desires helps me to get my thoughts together and figure out exactly what I want. Seeing things on paper can look quite differently than the way they appear in my mind. Once they're actually written down, I can organize and review everything. There has been many times where after I've written something down, I would realize that there were other things I needed to do prior to that. There has also been many times while reading what I've written, that I would get the answer from God I was looking for telling me what to do.

The things in my book include letters to God, lists of desires, immediate goals, short term goals and long term goals. I have a pretty basic routine every night. I pray aloud, read over the things I've written, and write new goals and prayers (not necessarily in that order).
Once a prayer has been answered or a goal has been met, I will cross it off the list. I continue to read the lists daily, and continue to add to them and update them on a regular basis. I read my letters to God about once a week...sometimes more.

I have had many books over the years and they have always had one thing in common. They are always usually very girly. I have had different kinds of patterns and colors over the years. I usually always have some sort of matching pen as well. I always want my book to represent me and give me a good feeling everytime I see it.

In addition to reading over my book at night, I also read it first thing in the morning. It is always the first thing I see waking up and the last thing I see before going to sleep. As I mentioned earlier, I think it is very important to write things down and I think everyone could benefit from it. There are no rules or requirements for writing. It is between you and God, therefore, you can do it however you want. You don't even have to start with a designated book at first if you don't want to. You can simply take a notebook that you already have or loose leaf paper and a folder to begin. When things are written down, it gives one a whole new perspective. You'd be surprised how comforting it is to write a long letter to God pouring out your heart. It's a great release and often brings great enlightenment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. I would love to hear from you!