Language

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Removing Bleach Stains From Bathtubs

Oddly enough, by mere coincidence I have never used bleach or any bleach products on my tub. I only say by coincidence because I had no clue that bleach would ruin it. I didn't find out until while at my mommy's house, she frantically asked me to go online and research how to remove bleach stains from a tub because she had ruined hers! She originally put bleach to remove some "normal" stains, but then the bleach added even more stains! Still unaware that the bleach was the culprit...she added even more LOL. It just got worse and worse!
While researching, I found out that there were MANY people who did the exact same thing she did. They added more and more bleach, unaware that the more bleach they added the bigger disaster they were going to have. Of course I told my mom so that she would know she was certainly not alone.

I was happy that there is a simple solution, which was hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.

Once I found this out, I actually just did the tub for her. I lucked out because I just poured the peroxide over the stains, let it sit for about 15 minutes, came back and the stains had completely vanished. Yay!!

However, if you do that and the stains still remain (how dare they have the nerve to be stubborn!), then you will want to mix the baking soda and peroxide together making it into a paste. Then you will just rub the paste into the stains. This should remove them for good.

Going forward, be sure to only use bleach alternatives like Oxy Clean, Clorox 2, etc instead of actual bleach. They will not harm your tub and will get it clean. However, I have simply used dish washing liquid (Yes dish washing liquid!) and a good, gentle scrubbing sponge, and have gotten my tub spotless. I guess it's all about what works.


Happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. I would love to hear from you!